Maximize function while increasing proximal strength
The SaeboMAS dynamic mobile arm support system is a zero gravity upper extremity device specifically designed to facilitate and challenge the weakened shoulder and elbow during functional tasks and exercise drills.
Patients suffering from neurological and orthopedic conditions that exhibit proximal weakness can benefit from the much needed support and facilitation. Performing exercises with minimal compensation, as well as self-care tasks such as eating or drinking, are just a few of the activities patients will be able to achieve with the SaeboMAS. Additionally, patients with proximal weakness can now participate in proven treatment techniques consisting of highly repetitive task- oriented activities that would have otherwise been difficult or impossible.
- Adjustable spring based parallelogram offering various levels of assistance
- Incorporate all planes of movement so multi-directional activities can be achieved
- Measureable graded Tension Scale for tracking and documenting
- Height adjustable
- Table mount
- Comfortable malleable forearm support with removable liners for infection control
- Elbow Support attachment
- Lightweight and portable
- Increase motor control, strength and ROM
- Improve ADL performance
- Reduce hand-over-hand assistance, allowing the patient to take on more of an active role
- Minimize/prevent over-use injuries and unwanted movement
- Provide the clinician with an "extra pair of hands" to offer more effective facilitation when needed
- Provide an opportunity for the patient to perform highly repetitive task-oriented drills
- Maximize comfort and positioning for shoulder subluxation treatment
"The SaeboMAS helped facilitate my stroke patient with poor proximal strength and shoulder pain to utilize the emerging functional use of his hand. The patient was able to complete high repetitions of reaching and grasping without any of the typical complaints of discomfort. It also encouraged him to work on lower extremity balance and promoted functional standing. The SaeboMAS was simple to set up and it was easy to adjust. I am not sure how we managed treating proximal weakness without it in the past!"
Kristi McKamey, OTR/L Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital Outpatient Therapy Center
To learn more:
Please contact our customer service department at 888-284-5433 or email email@example.com.