Introduction to Saebo
This 3-hour CEU approved course will introduce you to cutting-edge novel rehabilitation technology designed for neurologically impaired individuals. In addition, you will learn about “best practices” supported by the latest research advances in neurorehabilitation. Saebo’s comprehensive neuro product line will be discussed including dynamic functional orthoses (SaeboFlex/SaeboReach), zero-gravity mobile arm support (SaeboMAS), EMG/biofeedback triggered stimulation (Saebo MyoTrac Infiniti), upper limb virtual reality training (SaeboReJoyce) and splinting for contractures (SaeboStretch). This introductory course will be your first step in creating a comprehensive evidence based neruo treatment program for all your client’s needs.
Note: This introductory course does not certify you to use Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the causes of stroke and stroke statistics.
- Identify common UE impairments following neurological Injury.
- Describe current research evidence for common treatment strategies utilized to treat these impairments.
- Describe how rehabilitation can influence cortical plasticity.
- Describe the principles of Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses and why they were developed.
- Describe the principles of the SaeboStretch resting hand splint.
- State the benefits of utilizing gravity compensation for upper limb proximal weakness.
- Describe the benefits of biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and biofeedback triggered electrical stimulation for the hemiparetic arm and the best method of use.
- Understand the key benefits of computer-based upper extremity treatment using the SaeboReJoyce.
- Pre Study: Plan to read the course materials, references and review the post test before listening to the audio. (Allow 30 minutes for these study tasks)
- Recorded (Self Study – 2 hour Agenda):
- Brief overview of stroke, stroke statistics and common UE neurological impairments.
- Review of evidence based UE neurological rehabilitation.
- Introduction to Saebo’s Dynamic Functional orthoses (SaeboFlex/SaeboReach) and how they work.
- Case Studies and Video Trials.
- Splinting the neurological hand and the SaeboStretch.
- Treating proximal weakness with the Saebo Mobile Arm Support (SaeboMAS).
- Introduction to EMG/biofeedback triggered stimulation using the Saebo MyoTrac Infiniti (SMTI).
- Introduction to computerized upper limb training with the SaeboReJoyce.
- Post Test: Research, identify, and submit your post test question answers on the online form (Allow 30 minutes for these completion tasks)