- Maintains the patient’s involved arm and hand in a functional position.
- Offers a dynamic component that assists with thumb and finger extension so grasp and release tasks can be accomplished.
- Includes a dynamic above-elbow component that assists with elbow extension so functional reaching is possible.
- Digit Caps prevent flexion at the fingertips so proper grasp can occur. Multiple sizes available to offer an intimate fit.
- Finger Lead Mounts position and align the fingers. Numerous sizes available to accommodate various finger lengths.
- Extensions Springs extend the fingers following grasping. Various grades of extension assistance provided to harness all levels of spasticity.
- Thumb System provides multi-directional adjustments to accommodate all thumb positioning needs.
- The SaeboReach is designed for individuals that have experienced a neurological injury such as stroke, head injury, or spinal cord injury.
- Clients that demonstrate arm and hand weakness and are unable to use their hand to perform everyday tasks are great candidates for this device.
- The onset of the injury does not prevent someone from receiving Saebo treatment. Whether the client just had a stroke, or if he or she suffered an injury years ago, the SaeboFlex and SaeboReach can be of great benefit.
In order to qualify for the SaeboReach, clients must exhibit:
- Some ability to move the shoulder (1/4 range of elevation).
- Some ability to move the elbow (1/4 range of elbow bending).
- Some ability to curl the fingers (1/4 range of finger flexion).
- Little to no contractures in the hand or arm. Too much stiffness in the hand or elbow can prevent a client from using the device.
Clients that may not be appropriate for the SaeboFlex or SaeboReach typically exhibit one or more of the below:
- Severe joint deformities in the hand or elbow.
- Significant arthritis.
- Severe tightness in the hand or elbow.
- Moderate or severe swelling in the hand.
- Open wounds.
- Unable to follow basic commands.