- Spiral forearm design that secures the wrist in a functional position.
- Tensioners are located at the IP joints (interphalangeal joint) of the fingers and thumb to assist with extending the digits following grasping.
- Individual Tensioners can be removed to customize assistance based on the client’s needs.
- Numerous-sized Tensioners included to accommodate various finger lengths.
- Full joint finger motion possible to maximize functional performance.
- Silicone-covered finger tips to improve traction during grasping.
- Non-slip liner to minimize migration.
- Glove includes Lycra material for expandability.
- Palm exposed to increase breathability and ease of donning.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- The SaeboGlove is designed for both individuals that have experienced a neurological injury such as stroke as well as orthopedic injuries such as radial nerve palsy.
- Clients that demonstrate arm and hand weakness (wrist drop/unable to open hand) and are unable to use their hand to perform everyday tasks are great candidates for this device.
- The onset of the injury does not prevent someone from receiving Saebo treatment. Whether the client just had a stroke or orthopedic injury, or if he or she suffered an injury years ago, the SaeboGlove can be of great benefit.
- A licensed therapist will evaluate the client to make sure he or she meets the criteria before starting.
- In order to qualify for the SaeboGlove, clients must be able to close or squeeze their hand minimally. In addition, clients must have minimal to no tightness or spasticity in the fingers or wrist.
Clients that may not be appropriate for the SaeboGlove typically exhibit one or more of the below:
- Severe joint deformities in the hand or elbow.
- Significant arthritis.
- Mild-moderate tightness/spasticity or greater in the hand or elbow.
- Moderate or severe swelling in the hand.
- Open wounds.
- Unable to follow basic commands.
- A latex allergy
Latex Warning: This product contains natural rubber latex which may cause an allergic reaction.